We’re Building the Future! From, our headquarters in Greater Portland, Oregon and factories in Asia, Powin is delivering the next generation of safe and scalable battery energy storage systems (BESS) purpose-built for the demands of utility-scale applications. Leveraging our Stack-OS battery management system, vertically integrated manufacturing capabilities, decades of procurement expertise in Asia, and deep experience in the US energy domain, today we are delivering the lowest cost and most reliable BESS available on the market. Powin’s BESS is also the only battery storage system on the market today that gives its customers multi-layer dynamic control and rich visibility into the health of their energy storage system down to the cell level, empowering more efficient system operation and simpler maintenance and warranty claim resolution.
Powin’s Technical Sales and Project Manager (TS-PM) position offers limitless growth opportunity as a seller and supporter of leading-edge battery energy storage systems. The TS-PM is an integral team member with the responsibility to assess new market opportunities and support the advancement and completion of captured projects in coordination with various internal teams. The TS-PM will engage with customers and the company through oversight at all stages of project development and ongoing reporting. Be a part of the future by making a difference with Powin!
- Lead the response to RFPs concerning product and/or projects for utilities, IPP’s and developers. Create boiler plate proposal documentation that provides efficiency and high quality in responding to RFPs
- Facilitate support and direction from other Powin departments in response to large RFPs as required. This includes finance, legal, engineering and procurement.
- Support CRM implementation (NetSuite) and managing a database of customer proposals and RFP materials, making sure data is ‘clean’ and up to date, and training other team members to effectively use the system.
- Develop customer facing documents and literature including technical notes, slide deck, brochures and data sheets as required
- Serve as a customer point of contact for technical questions and information on product and company profile throughout the sales cycle.
- Become a renewable energy, distributed resources, energy markets, and energy storage subject matter expert
- Identify possible new customer, vendor, and partner relationships
- Nurture established customer, vendor, and partner relationships for the long term
- Represent the company at customer and stakeholder meetings, conferences and trade shows
- Monitor activity in the energy storage space and share insights to assist with shaping business development strategy
- Attend weekly project management and design meetings in support of execution team
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, economics, energy, or a similar field is preferred
- 5+ years of sales proposal experience with evidence of wins on personally led initiatives
- Energy industry experience including response to energy RFPs preferred
- Adept with advanced usage of Excel. PowerPoint & CRM packages
- Electrical construction and project management experience to include scheduling and budgeting
- Understanding of development, construction, and project finance
- Understanding of engineering principles related to distributed energy resources and electrical design preferred
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions that improve a customer’s ROI
- Well-developed communication and presentation skills
- Detail oriented and organized
- Startup experience a plus
- Remote location (East Coast US) preferred