We’re Building the Future! Ever want to do hard work that will make a REAL difference in the world? Do you want to solve some of the most difficult problems with a team of exceptional players at a company that does not believe in impossible
The Director of Strategic Marketing is responsible for developing, delivering, and managing the implementation of high-impact global marketing and communication campaigns in alignment with the company objectives, mission, and brand. In this role you’ll partner with Sales, Product and Project Success teams to ensure that Powin’s global marketing strategy effectively targets key business initiatives and showcases innovation.
- Manages planning and execution of global marketing strategies to establish Powin’s brand consistency and increase sales capabilities worldwide. This may include direct reports in key international markets.
- Social Media Strategy: develops brand messaging, identifies target audiences, establishes content guidelines, and increases website traffic and social media footprint
- Public Relations: manages external communication strategy, creates press releases, writes bylines and other content, supports media and analyst engagement and external events. Identifies and supports a calendar of leadership activities and opportunities such as key speaking engagements, award opportunities, conference participation, podcasts, webinars and contributed articles.
- Social Media: ongoing creation, management, optimization of digital content, paid social, search and display ad campaigns; includes graphic design, collateral design, and social media post design
- Strategic Media Placements: build buzz around customer wins, funding, vendor and agency partnerships, product launches, growth milestones, case studies, notable projects, and other upcoming company milestones
- Establish and Strengthen Top Tier Media Placement: secure valuable article placements in Financial, Technology and Trade media publications. Develop analyst relationships to build brand value and awareness and accelerate business momentum.
- Marketing Budget: responsible for planning and management of the budget
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 7-10 years demonstrated success in marketing, sales, social media, and/or corporate communications.
- 5-7 years of hands-on external communications
- Demonstrated knowledge in a strategic advisory capacity
- Proven digital media experience, with a digital-forward mind-set
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and experience in the design and execution of marketing and communications products and activities.
- Experience overseeing the design and production of materials and publications, website management, and social media content creation and management.
- Experience using social media channels to share and distribute news, information and to communicate with external audiences.
- Proven ability to plan and manage budgets
- High level of creativity, initiative, attention to detail, and strong organization skills
- Demonstrated strong analytical, written, and oral communication skills
- Ability to coach and build strategic relationships with leadership, and external stakeholders
- Knowledge of public relations and strategic communications principles and best practices
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Occasional travel for events
Powin Energy is a leading producer of utility scale modular battery energy storage system (complete with a patented, advanced, cloud-based monitoring/control system). That means we build power plants out of batteries that put coal and gas generators out of business and enable sustainable viability for renewable energy sources like solar and wind.
Powin is, and will continue to be, one of a handful of companies that will provide the equipment necessary to make this happen. Powin has distinct competitive advantages: cost-effectiveness; reliability; scalability; deploy-ability; and operational sophistication. Every day we work to ensure that we maintain these competitive advantages and our position as a global leader in providing turnkey, battery energy storage solutions for utility-scale, commercial and industrial, and microgrid applications
Be a part of the future by making a difference with Powin!