We’re Building the Future! Ever want to do hard work that will make a REAL difference in the world? Do you want to solve some of the most difficult problems with a team of exceptional players at a company that does not believe in impossible?
About The Company:
Powin Energy is a leading producer of utility scale modular battery energy storage system (complete with a patented, advanced, cloud-based monitoring/control system). That means we build power plants out of batteries that put coal and gas generators out of business and enable sustainable viability for renewable energy sources like solar and wind.
Powin is, and will continue to be, one of a handful of companies that will provide the equipment necessary to make this happen. Powin has distinct competitive advantages: cost-effectiveness; reliability; scalability; deploy-ability; and operational sophistication. Every day we work to ensure that we maintain these competitive advantages and our position as a global leader in providing turnkey, battery energy storage solutions for utility-scale, commercial and industrial, and microgrid applications.
Our Systems & Software QA team is growing, and we are seeking an experienced QA Test Engineer to join our team. This person will be responsible for defining and executing test plans at the macro system level for functional /UI/system testing, API testing, data flow verification, system control, monitoring, and manual testing of lower-level FW interfaces. Partners with the QA team in China to define required tests and test tools within an Agile team environment.
The perfect candidate for this role should tend to view testing from a holistic / macro lens as well as a micro detail lens. Test plans must reflect both viewpoints. This position reports to the Software QA Manager.
- Work closely with product, development, and project management teams to ensure the QA deliverables are met for the software releases
- Working experience in an Agile environment
- Experience developing and documenting high quality test plans and execute them based on requirements, design adhering to the testing standards. Periodically revisits and maintains an organized library of tests as the product evolves
- Develop deep functional knowledge of the system to perform end-to-end testing in a complex environment
- Maintain solid root cause analysis skills while troubleshooting issues
- Communicate software issues to the development teams and partner on resolving design issues discovered during testing phases
- Execute the automated regression suite end of each release to ensure zero defects
- Coordinate with the team in China to ensure team keep up on the release testing
- Coordinate lab equipment utilization across teams for efficient use of lab hardware for testing purposes Other job duties as directed by the hiring manager
- BS in Computer Science or related field; professional experience may substitute for formal education
- 3+ years of experience in the software quality assurance field, defining and executing test plans
- Demonstrated knowledge of testing one or more of the following: UI, API interfaces, databases / data stores, or analytics
- Good knowledge of core software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Experience in a Linux environment
- Experience in developing test plans, assessing risk, writing defects, and providing relevant data for test reporting
- Experience debugging and capturing backend failures and network issues
- Familiarity with Java, Python, and testing frameworks (Mocha, Cucumber, Protractor, etc.)
- Detail oriented, analytical, and creative thinker with passion for quality processes
- Good understanding of version control (preferably Git)
- Strong understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and analytical skills
- Demonstrated competence and self-motivation in analyzing problems
- Ability to learn things fast and work in a fast-paced environment to be an outstanding team player
- Experience with both white box and black box testing
- Proven troubleshooting and documentation skills
- Detail-oriented and committed to high quality work
- Adept at asking for help when needed
- Experience working on large scale distributed systems or relational/NoSQL databases
- Experience writing and executing automated tests
- Experience with bug tracking/workflow management tools like Jira
- Experience with AWS and S3
- Experience with networking is a strong plus
- QA industry certifications
Be a part of the future by making a difference with Powin!