We’re Building the Future! Ever want to do hard work that will make a REAL difference in the world? Do you want to solve some of the most difficult problems with a team of exceptional players at a company that does not believe in impossible?
About The Company
Powin Energy is a leading producer of utility scale modular battery energy storage system (complete with a patented, advanced, cloud-based monitoring/control system). That means we build power plants out of batteries that put coal and gas generators out of business and enable sustainable viability for renewable energy sources like solar and wind.
Powin is, and will continue to be, one of a handful of companies that will provide the equipment necessary to make this happen. Powin has distinct competitive advantages: cost-effectiveness; reliability; scalability; deploy-ability; and operational sophistication. Every day we work to ensure that we maintain these competitive advantages and our position as a global leader in providing turnkey, battery energy storage solutions for utility-scale, commercial and industrial, and microgrid applications.
The Director Cost, Revenue and Technical Accounting will oversee financial matters involving including project revenue & cost, maintenance and LTSA accounting and various technical accounting. This position will partner closely with Project Management and Financial Planning & Analysis to provide support.
- Lead and manage a team of 2 -3 cost accounting professionals
- Prepare project level P&L activity in accordance with GAAP – specifically Percentage-of-Completion
- Review and understand customer contracts
- Prepare and review related balance sheet account reconciliations
- Coordinate and support of the financial statement audit
- Support the income and operational tax process
- Continuous evaluation of accounting work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining accuracy and internal controls
- Participate and support the cost accounting audit processes and related reporting
- Ensure the cost accounting functions informs and aligns with corporate accounting controls
- Prepare reports and ad hoc analysis as needed
- Develop and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department
- Mentor and develop others in the Accounting and Finance team
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA is a plus
- 7+ years’ experience in finance, public accounting, cost accounting and progressive accounting roles
- Experience performing project level performance analysis, revenue recognition and technical reporting recommendations
- 5+ years of direct management experience managing an accounting and/or finance teams
- Ability to establish objectives, develop, execute policy, direct, monitor resources, recommend, oversee development, implementation of systems, programs, or processes
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Proficient knowledge of computer skills including MS Office applications
- Experience in executing under deadlines, strong project management skills and ability to effectively prioritize tasks
- Strong written and communication skills
- Experience in preparing technical accounting documentation is a plus
- Ability to influence others and work effectively in a cross-functional matrix environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Be a part of the future by making a difference with Powin!