We’re Building the Future!
Ever want to do hard work that will make a REAL difference in the world? Do you want to solve some of the most difficult problems with a team of exceptional players at a company that does not believe in impossible?
ABOUT US -
Powin is a leading producer of a utility scale modular battery energy storage system (complete with a patented, advanced, cloud-based monitoring/control system). That means we build power plants out of batteries that put coal and gas generators out of business and enable sustainable viability for renewable energy sources like solar and wind.
Powin is, and will continue to be, one of a handful of companies that will provide the equipment necessary to make this happen. Powin has distinct competitive advantages: cost-effectiveness; reliability; scalability; ease of deployment; and operational sophistication. Every day we work to ensure that we maintain these competitive advantages and our position as a global leader in providing turnkey, battery energy storage solutions for utility-scale, commercial and industrial, and microgrid applications. Be a part of the future by making a difference with Powin!
Must be local or willing to relocate to the Portland, Oregon metro area: Hybrid work schedule: Remote and Office
- Set up system operation environment, configure EMS/HMI and enclosure related equipment, network devices.
- Provide resolution to field issues; keep track of field issues and work closely with engineering and QC team to provide on-site feedback in a timely manner.
- Provide technical support to field team and ASPs.
- Perform BESS system commissioning; examine/inspect conditions, identify issues and errors, and run contractual capacity test, performance test and operational test.
- Work with PCS, Meter other 3rd party equipment providers on equipment commissioning.
- Prepare the commissioning reports and test reports.
- Work with system operation team inside division to fix protentional issues.
- Provide field feedback to software team and work with them to reproduce issues to improve system performance and stability.
- Drive the projects from commission to COD, assist with managing schedules, including preparation of detailed commissioning schedules, and ensuring all activities take place on or ahead of scheduled milestone date.
- Attend and actively participate in project meetings, including contractor and subcontractor meetings.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, software Engineering or related field.
- 5 plus years’ experience
- Ability to use electrical test equipment such as, DMM, meggers and multi process calibration equipment
- Working knowledge and experience operating under OSHA 1910.269, NFPA 70E, and 70B
- Ability to read electrical or mechanical drawings and specifications and understand terms and conditions of Project Contracts, Subcontracts, and Purchase Orders.
- Familiar with Linux system and Putty, such as configuring Linux based computers, comfortable using CLI and Linux based text editors
- Understand how software works; be able to learn new software quickly and be able to operate Powin operation software with instructions.
- Understand how internet and local network work.
- Great computer skills and experience with MS Office software, including Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, Power Point and Jira, Confluence etc. management tool.
- Demonstrated successful ability to build positive partnerships and work collaboratively with Project Team, contractors, and Subcontractors.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, time management and organizational skills.
- Wind turbine, solar or battery storage installation experience preferred but not essential
READY TO JOIN POWIN?
Working at Powin is more than a job. Life at Powin is an opportunity for personal and professional growth and a journey into the unexpected. Powin employees often experience moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.