Powin Energy is a global leader in the design and production of highly scalable battery energy storage systems, including both modular hardware and predictive software controls. Powin has distinct competitive advantages over other players in the emerging energy storage sector: cost-effectiveness; reliability; deployability; and operational sophistication. Having captured significant share of the grid-scale market over the last few years, Powin is poised for continued, rapid growth in the immediate future.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Powin’s Hardware Engineering team is seeking a self-starting, electrical engineer with experience in AC and DC system safety analysis and design. This position will lead electrical product safety initiatives, conduct product design and safety reviews, assist certification projects and provide design guidance while working collaboratively with a team of mechanical, electrical and electronic design engineers on the development of large-scale battery energy storage systems.
- Strong electrical safety review and analysis experience. Related PCB/A safety analysis experience is a plus.
- Solid working knowledge and experience with electrical CAD software.
- Working knowledge of EMC/EMI product testing.
- Experience with electrical modeling software such as PSpice and ETAP.
- Working knowledge of Functional Safety.
- Experience with FMEA, FTA and hazards analysis.
- Experience with DC wiring and medium power distribution.
- Experience with 3 phase AC power distribution design.
- Experience with low voltage control wiring design.
- Experience with local and international codes and standards applicable to electrical design including but not limited to; NFPA, NEMA, UL, CSA, IEC, EN. Working knowledge of ESS and related standards such as NFPA 855, NFPA 70, UL 1973, UL 9540 and UL 9540A is encouraged.
- Review electrical product specifications and develop test plans for large scale battery electric storage assemblies.
- Comfortable doing research, testing concepts, and creating technology briefs.
- Interact with Mechanical and Electrical Engineers to develop complex electromechanical assemblies.
EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
- BS Electrical Engineering or equivalent with emphasis on power distribution or related field.
- 5-7 years of industry experience.
- Proven ability to drive safety projects initiatives to completion.
- Strong electrical engineering skills.
- Ability to manage projects within budget and timeline constraints.
- Ability to work cross functionally, explain designs and concepts to others with different backgrounds/degrees.
- Flexible with design iterations and changes in direction.
- Good analytical, and problem-solving skills and can work independently and manage the workload of multiple projects and tasks.
- Attention to detail.
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
READY TO JOIN POWIN?
Working at Powin is more than a job. Life at Powin is an opportunity for personal and professional growth and a journey into the unexpected. Powin employees often experience moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.