Ever want to ride a rocket ship? Ever want to do hard work that will make a REAL difference in the world? Do you want to solve some of the most difficult problems with a team of exceptional players at a company that does not believe in impossible?
Powin is a leading producer of a utility scale modular battery energy storage system (complete with a patented, advanced, cloud-based monitoring/control system). That means we build power plants out of batteries that put coal and gas generators out of business and enable sustainable viability for renewable energy sources like solar and wind.
Powin is, and will continue to be, one of a handful of companies that will provide the equipment necessary to make this happen. Powin has distinct competitive advantages: cost-effectiveness; reliability; scalability; ease of deployment; and operational sophistication. Every day we work to ensure that we maintain these competitive advantages and our position as a global leader in providing turnkey, battery energy storage solutions for utility-scale, commercial and industrial, and microgrid applications.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Powin's Product and Engineering team is seeking a Hardware Test Engineer to support Powin's battery storage systems from component level to systems (stack and enclosure) test levels, including but not limited to supporting various sub-assembly validation tests, Energy storage laboratory tests, battery capacity tests, compliance, and field engineering support. Experience with electronics test circuit, theory, and design tools (Altium) is desirable.
- Define and create validation test plan and procedures for battery stack system and sub-assemblies, prototype testing and qualifications.
- Create test specifications for Battery pack and string controller’s sub-system testing and qualifications.
- Familiar with embedded microcontroller board level testing
- Engage with Hardware Engineering team for design review and circuit improvement.
- Define and support systems and subsystem’s level functional and safety tests, including Hipot, ESD, power and signal integrity test for energy storage products.
- Provide guidance to technicians and other engineers to perform functional and qualification tests for energy storage system and sub-systems.
- Work with other hardware QA test technicians and engineers for general laboratory test and support.
- Provide support for test procedures and fixturing, drawings or sketches showing proposed test points, specification, and characteristics.
- Support QA laboratory test process to identify and resolve issues relating to test setup, test failures and root cause analysis.
- Support HW QA environmental stress test including – Mechanical and electrical, HALT, ALT tests etc., and feedback improvement recommendations to the hardware design team.
- Support Compliance and safety activities during pre and post - compliance tests including UL-1973, UL -9540A, IEC -61000-6 -EMI/EMC etc. certifications.
- Advance knowledge and use of electronic test systems and equipment- Oscilloscopes, multimeters, power supplies, PV simulators, Power and Spectrum analyzers, Environmental chamber etc.
- Experience with DC and AC- single & 3 phase power system, power conversion systems and tests.
- Overseas support (China design and test team).
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Electrical Engineering or Equivalent
- At least 3 years’ experience supporting hardware QA products, safety, and compliance test.
- At least 3 years related hands-on power system test engineering experience in power electronics, PV inverters, Energy storage or similar.
READY TO JOIN POWIN?
Working at Powin is more than a job. Life at Powin is an opportunity for personal and professional growth and a journey into the unexpected. Powin employees often experience moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.