We’re Building the Future! Ever want to do hard work that will make a REAL difference in the world? Do you want to solve some of the most difficult problems with a team of exceptional players at a company that does not believe in impossible?
Powin Energy is a leading producer of utility scale modular battery energy storage system (complete with a patented, advanced, cloud-based monitoring/control system). That means we build power plants out of batteries that put coal and gas generators out of business and enable sustainable viability for renewable energy sources like solar and wind.
Powin is, and will continue to be, one of a handful of companies that will provide the equipment necessary to make this happen. Powin has distinct competitive advantages: cost-effectiveness; reliability; scalability; deploy-ability; and operational sophistication. Every day we work to ensure that we maintain these competitive advantages and our position as a global leader in providing turnkey, battery energy storage solutions for utility-scale, commercial and industrial, and microgrid applications. Be a part of the future by making a difference with Powin!
About the Opportunity –
The role is hands on, reports directly to the Director of Technical Product Management, and assists with developing, refining, and advancing Powin’s battery energy storage software technology.
- Work with VP of Product Management and Analytics and Director of Technical Product Management to develop and implement product strategies consistent with Powin’s vision.
- Translate product roadmap and strategy into detailed requirements which Software Engineering teams can develop into prototypes and ultimately products.
- Translate market requirements and use cases into detailed requirements that the QA Team can test against and determine if the product goals are being technically met.
- Evangelize for the customer, particularly their technical needs, and get team buy in on the direction using evidence-based decision making.
- Identify product capability gaps for internal and external customers and quantify the value of filling those gaps so they can be appropriately prioritized for development.
- Background in engineering, computer science, mathematics, or similar technical field.
- 4+ years of relevant experience and a track record of solving tough, technical problems.
- Deep technical experience with Software Development processes and providing clear documentation for engineering teams.
- SCADA and PPC experience.
- Knowledge in Cyber Security at is pertains to energy storage.
- Proficiency with Python, Java, or other languages.
- Controls or Software development background is desired, but not required.
- Technical knowledge of li-ion batteries and the grid-scale energy storage industry is strongly desired, but not required.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to be an outstanding team player.
- Ability to learn new frameworks, new environments, and new technologies.