We’re Building the Future! Ever want to do hard work that will make a REAL difference in the world? Do you want to solve some of the most difficult problems with a team of exceptional players at a company that does not believe in impossible?
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Are you looking for cost and/or project accounting experience? Are you looking to be part of developing the future of a dynamic renewable energy company with dramatic industry growth? Look no further! Powin Energy is looking for a Junior Project Cost Accountant with excellent learning and growth opportunities. You will be joining an experienced team looking for an energetic partner to take cost and
revenue accounting to the next level.
- Ensure costs are properly recorded and correctly assigned to projects
- Monthly preparation, posting, and maintenance of overhead and travel cost allocations
- Assist in the preparation of project level gross margin analyses
- Provide accurate inventory accounting by supporting warehouse and purchasing personnel, including providing transactional support and assistance and oversight with physical counts
- Process monthly inventory adjustments from customer locations and assist in the transition to sales order item fulfilments overtime
- Analyze prepaid inventory accounts monthly and related subsidiaries for the purpose of proper PoC revenue accounting
- Consult with AP to resolve costing issues and develop ongoing processes dynamically to ensure project costing data of the highest quality and auditability
- Prepare monthly journal entries and reconciliations related to inventory, prepaid inventory, received not invoiced (RNI), and cost of sales with potential growth into other areas
- Adheres to monthly close schedules for journal entries, reconciliations, and informational tasks
- Supports internal and external audit requests pertaining to inventory and costs of sales
- Coordinates with Project Success personnel relative to project contract documentation
- Perform special projects and analysis as necessary to meet departmental and company goals
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 2+ years of accounting experience, cost and/or project accounting experience is a plus
- Audit work or internship experience is a plus
- Strong Excel skills relative to data processing and analysis such as complex pivot tables, V/H/X LOOKUP, SUMIFS, etc. with more advanced skills such as macros, Power Query, etc. is a plus
- Experience with Oracle platforms is a plus, especially NetSuite
- Must work effectively work within teams and cross-departmentally with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work independently with effective guidance and support
- Must be comfortable in a dynamic startup environment with many processes in development
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Powin Energy is a leading producer of utility scale modular battery energy storage system (complete with a patented, advanced, cloud-based monitoring/control system). That means we build power plants out of batteries that put coal and gas generators out of business and enable sustainable viability for renewable energy sources like solar and wind.
Powin is, and will continue to be, one of a handful of companies that will provide the equipment necessary to make this happen. Powin has distinct competitive advantages: cost-effectiveness; reliability; scalability; deploy-ability; and operational sophistication. Every day we work to ensure that we maintain these competitive advantages and our position as a global leader in providing turnkey, battery energy storage solutions for utility-scale, commercial and industrial, and microgrid applications.
Be a part of the future by making a difference with Powin!