We’re Building the Future! Ever want to do hard work that will make a REAL difference in the world? Do you want to solve some of the most difficult problems with a team of exceptional players at a company that does not believe in impossible?
ABOUT THE COMPANY-
Powin Energy is a leading producer of utility scale modular battery energy storage system (complete with a patented, advanced, cloud-based monitoring/control system). That means we build power plants out of batteries that put coal and gas generators out of business and enable sustainable viability for renewable energy sources like solar and wind.
Powin is, and will continue to be, one of a handful of companies that will provide the equipment necessary to make this happen. Powin has distinct competitive advantages: cost-effectiveness; reliability; scalability; deploy-ability; and operational sophistication. Every day we work to ensure that we maintain these competitive advantages and our position as a global leader in providing turnkey, battery energy storage solutions for utility-scale, commercial and industrial, and microgrid applications.
Technical Product Manager (Hardware)
As a member of the Product Management team, you will be required to work in a fast-paced environment interfacing with multiple teams where strong electrical knowledge and product development experience is highly desired. You will be a key technical member that creates the Product Requirement Documents which drives the ideation and launch of the hardware products across the global markets. You will also support the ongoing product improvement of released products.
The role is hands on, reports directly to the Director of Technical Product Management, and assists with developing, refining, and
advancing Powin’s battery energy storage technology for use in the next generation of the grid.
- Translate product roadmap and strategy into detailed requirements which the Hardware Engineering and Specification Engineering teams can develop into prototypes and ultimately products
- Translate market requirements and use cases into detailed requirements that the Hardware Engineering Team can build against and determine if the product goals are being technically met
- Work with hardware component vendors in determining the suitability of their product to improve efficiency or to address a shortage or to contribute for an overall product enhancement/optimization
- Work on continuous improvement of released products based on feedback from customers, project engineers, installation team members etc., with emphasis on hardware components and respective documentation
- Evangelize for the customer, particularly their technical needs, and get team buy in on the direction using evidence-based decision making
- Identify product capability gaps for internal and external customers and quantify the value of filling those gaps so they can be appropriately prioritized for development
- Represent the company by visiting customers to solicit feedback on company products and services
- Work with Director of Technical Product Management to develop and implement product strategies consistent with Powin’s vision
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or mechanical engineering
- 5+ years of relevant experience and a track record of solving tough, technical problems
- 3+ of those years in product marketing or product management; experience in the energy industry highly desired
- Deep technical knowledge of li-ion batteries and the grid-scale energy storage industry
- Experience in understanding substation level and inverter level SCADA communications such as Modbus TCP, Modbus RTU, REST API, BACnet IP, DNP etc. is desired.
- Experience in understanding product and system level certifications (UL 9540) testing standards (UL9540A) and fire safety standards (NFPA 855) is highly desired industry.
- Previous product development experience in Battery Energy Storage or Inverter space is highly desired.
- Experience in understanding/reviewing electrical (one-line, three-line, grounding layout diagrams) and mechanical drawings (site level physical layouts, container/enclosure level mechanical detail) is highly desired.
- Experience working and understanding the inverter-based technologies is highly desired
- Detail oriented and organized
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to be an outstanding team player
- Ability to learn new frameworks, new environments, and new technologies