We're Building the Future! Ever want to do hard work that will make a REAL difference in the world? Do you want to solve some of the most difficult problems with a team of exceptional players at a company that does not believe in impossible?
Powin Energy is a leading producer of a utility scale modular battery energy storage system (complete with a patented, advanced, cloud-based monitoring/control system). That means we build power plants out of batteries that put coal and gas generators out of business and enable sustainable viability for renewable energy sources like solar and wind.
Powin is, and will continue to be, one of a handful of companies that will provide the equipment necessary to make this happen. Powin has distinct competitive advantages: cost-effectiveness; reliability; scalability; ease of deployment; and operational sophistication. Every day we work to ensure that we maintain these competitive advantages and our position as a global leader in providing turnkey, battery energy storage solutions for utility-scale, commercial and industrial, and microgrid applications.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Our Systems & Software QA team is growing, and we are seeking a Senior QA Manager to join our team. This role is responsible for the overall management, coordination and testing that is carried over in China. This position reports to Director, Systems & Software QA.
- Builds and manages a team of QA professionals in China to carry out key QA initiatives
- Aligns with the onsite Product & Engineering team in Tualatin for Software/Firmware to ensure on-time delivery of high-quality feature testing
- Engages in product reviews providing recommendations to prevent potential product quality issues
- Collaborates with the team to develop test strategies, test plans, test cases, and other quality-related assessments for the scrum teams
- Reviews and ensures all requirements are accurately reflected in the test plans and test execution and facilitates the reviews with the extended team
- Ability to get hands dirty and contribute as an individual when required
- Mentors the team and ensures efficient testing is performed as per the test management policies and standards
- Provides reports/metrics that measure output and quality of testing deliverables of the team
- Communicates quality issues and effectively escalates those on time, also provides feedback to identify potential issues and areas of improvement in the product
- Responsible to coordinate the equipment procurement and installation in the lab in China and provides feedback on the lab status and suggests enhancements
- Stays up to date with new testing tools and test strategies, bringing recommendations for change and innovation
- Ensures the team has great communication across the organization and are up to date with vision and mission of the company
- Provides inputs to the Automation team on the new features to be automated to reduce redundancy in test efforts
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or degree with a focus in quality assurance or a related field
- Overall 8+ years of experience in QA
- 3+ years of experience in managing software QA teams and coordinating with teams across the globe
- 5+ years agile project experience
- Ability to build a team in a fast-paced environment and to be an outstanding team player.
- Ability to learn new frameworks, environments, and technologies
- Experience in Energy storage is a strong plus
- Excellent problem-solving skills with an ability to deal with ambiguity
- Excellent problem-solving as well as written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Detail oriented and organized
- Familiarity with Embedded software is a plus
Be a part of the future by making a difference with Powin!