We’re Building the Future! Ever want to do hard work that will make a REAL difference in the world? Do you want to solve some of the most difficult problems with a team of exceptional players at a company that does not believe in impossible?
Powin Energy is a leading producer of utility scale modular battery energy storage system (complete with a patented, advanced, cloud-based monitoring/control system). That means we build power plants out of batteries that put coal and gas generators out of business and enable sustainable viability for renewable energy sources like solar and wind.
Powin is, and will continue to be, one of a handful of companies that will provide the equipment necessary to make this happen. Powin has distinct competitive advantages: cost-effectiveness; reliability; scalability; deploy-ability; and operational sophistication. Every day we work to ensure that we maintain these competitive advantages and our position as a global leader in providing turnkey, battery energy storage solutions for utility-scale, commercial and industrial, and microgrid applications.
Be a part of the future by making a difference with Powin!
- Design, implement and document firmware functional blocks in a large energy storage system
- Work with multi-function engineering team to develop stable and safe operation methods to control an energy storage system operation
- Collaborate with product team to design and implement seamless operation with upper software layers
- Support product team in bring-up and testing of the firmware and software stack product
- Communicate projects status and risks to leadership
- Assist in triaging, investigating and fixing issues raised by QA and field operations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- 2-5 years of experience designing and implementing firmware
- Proficient in embedded C/C++ programming
- Knowledge of ARM Cortex-M processor
- Knowledge of UART, SPI, IIC, CAN and Ethernet communication interface
- Familiar with boot-loader design
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to effectively communicate technical concepts, to document requirement specification, test plans
- Be comfortable in operating lab instruments such as logic analyzer and oscilloscope
- Able to read and understand electrical schematics that relate to the embedded control
Preferred Qualifications –
- Familiar with Python or Java language
- Knowledge of BMS design for lithium-ion battery
- Hands-on knowledge of developing a product to be certified to IEC60730 safety standards