We’re Building the Future! Ever want to do hard work that will make a REAL difference in the world? Do you want to solve some of the most difficult problems with a team of exceptional players at a company that does not believe in impossible?
ABOUT THE COMPANY-
Powin Energy is a leading producer of utility scale modular battery energy storage system (complete with a patented, advanced, cloud-based monitoring/control system). That means we build power plants out of batteries that put coal and gas generators out of business and enable sustainable viability for renewable energy sources like solar and wind.
Powin is, and will continue to be, one of a handful of companies that will provide the equipment necessary to make this happen. Powin has distinct competitive advantages: cost-effectiveness; reliability; scalability; deploy-ability; and operational sophistication. Every day we work to ensure that we maintain these competitive advantages and our position as a global leader in providing turnkey, battery energy storage solutions for utility-scale, commercial and industrial, and microgrid applications.
The Quality Engineer uses expertise on a variety of complex quality issues to increase the capabilities to produce products. Directly impacts all aspects of safety, quality, delivery, cost. The primary function is the management of Powin’s quality.
- Review and assess manufacturing procedures, by visiting vendor facilities and observing their manufacturing environment, as part of the supplier selection process, or after the company has established a relationship with a vendor
- Serve as liaison between Powin’s senior management and vendors, meeting with both parties to identify issues in supply quality and work toward a solution
- Review and assess Powin’s internal processes for deficiencies and opportunities for improvements
- Assist in creating critical processes as needed
- Conduct tests and assessments via customer site visits and review quality nonconformance from vendors to reconcile quality issues and determine course of actions for correction
- Maintain detailed reports related to supplier, internal manufacturing, and field quality, containing vital information including defect rates and areas within the manufacturing or field processes that result in flaws
- Audit suppliers’ quality management system to assess quality processes, generate corrective actions and follow up as necessary
- Provide technical guidance and advice to suppliers and internal manufacturing, ranging from advice on process enhancement to suggestions to overhaul production and manufacturing elements to reduce defect rates
- Work closely with vendors and internal stakeholders to incorporate these recommendations
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related technical field
- 5 - 7 years preferably in electrical assembly, manufacturing process development and implementation, lean manufacturing, and related equipment
- Creation, review and maintenance of engineering drawings and work instructions
- Demonstrated ability to collect root cause data, develop, own, and execute action plans to achieve desired results
- Expert understanding of Quality tools and Quality Management System such as
- o ISO 9001:2015
- o Process control, process capability and Cpk
- o Sampling requirements
- o Ability to audit or lead supplier audits. ISO 9001:2015 auditor certification preferred.
- o Gage R&R
- o Design of Experiments (DOE)
- o Must be able to understand at minimal the following quality tools and implement in the correct application: Pareto, histograms, run charts, check sheets, Ishikawa diagram, control charts, process maps
- Prefer green belt or black belt in Six Sigma
- Lead auditor certification preferred or can demonstrate through experience
- Must be able to analyze data using statistical software, draw relevant conclusions and drive root cause and contributing causes corrections.
- Supervisory experience within a manufacturing environment a plus
- Knowledge of UL, IPC-610, IPC-620 and ISO requirements preferred
- High sense of urgency
- Tenacity / Do What It Takes mentality
- Effective time management and personal organization
- Must be focused on Quality initiatives
- Proven leadership skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Excellent understanding of manufacturing processes with an eye for identifying quality issues
- Enthusiastic and passionate about continuous improvement
- Decisive, fair, consistent, stress tolerant