Building the Future! Ever want to do hard work that will make a REAL difference
in the world? Do you want to solve some of the most difficult problems with a
team of exceptional players at a company that does not believe in impossible
This position will support Powin's Asia market expansion.
Powin Energy Corporation is a market leading supplier of utility-scale modular battery energy storage systems (complete with a patented, advanced, cloud-based monitoring/control system). Powin has distinct competitive advantages in the exponentially expanding energy storage sector: cost-effectiveness; reliability; scalability; deploy ability; and operational sophistication. These advantages position Powin as a market leader in providing turnkey, battery energy storage solutions for utility-scale, commercial and industrial, and microgrid applications. Additionally, Powin’s system is engineered for either indoor or outdoor installations and maximizes energy density while minimizing the system’s footprint.
Powin’s Technical Sales and Bid Manager position offers limitless growth opportunity as a seller and supporter of leading-edge battery energy storage systems.
The Technical Sales and Bid Manager is an integral team member with the responsibility to assess new market opportunities and support the advancement and completion of captured projects in coordination with various internal teams. This position will be engaged with customers and the company through oversight at all stages of project development and ongoing reporting.
- Lead the response to all RFPs concerning product and/or projects
- Serve as a customer point of contact for questions and information
- Become a renewable energy, distributed resources, energy markets, and energy storage subject matter expert
- Identify possible new customer, vendor, and partner relationships
- Nurture established customer, vendor, and partner relationships
- Represent the company at customer and stakeholder meetings, conferences, and trade shows
- Monitor activity in the energy storage space and share insights to assist with shaping business development strategy
- Ensure that all sales opportunities are logged in company CRM to provide detailed and accurate sales forecasts and support the sales cycle
- Employee reports directly VP Technical Sales Operations or as directed by Company
- Support proposal bidding/pricing activities in concert with the commercial team
- Plan and run weekly Sales Meetings.
- Manage & Own CRM (NetSuite) and forecasting activities
- Ensure the NetSuite CRM meets the needs of Sales activities as well as other groups within the organization.
- Become the NetSuite resident expert and provide necessary training to the commercial team.
- Ensure Sales personnel are providing opportunity details and input into CRM tool on a consistent basis
- Create and publish forecast, cash flow, pipeline, and other charts for internal review
- Support initial project entries into CRM and manage customer files within database
- Monitor and track Sales KPI’s for the team. Provide monthly reports to management on results.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, economics, energy, and/or a similar field preferred
- 5+ years of sales experience with evidence of wins on personally led initiatives
- Energy industry experience including response to energy storage RFPs preferred
- Adept with advanced usage of MS 365 tools, NetSuite, and Salesforce
- Electrical construction and project management experience to include scheduling and budgeting
- Understanding of development, construction, and project finance
- Understanding of engineering principles related to distributed energy resources and electrical design preferred
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions that improve a customer’s ROI
- Well-developed communication and presentation skills
- Detail oriented and organized
- Startup experience a plus
- Proven ability to plan and manage budgets
- High level of creativity, initiative, attention to detail, and strong organization skills
- Demonstrated strong analytical, written, and oral communication skills
- Ability to coach and build strategic relationships with leadership, and external stakeholders
- Knowledge of public relations and strategic communications principles and best practices
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Occasional travel for events
Powin Energy is a
leading producer of utility scale modular battery energy storage system
(complete with a patented, advanced, cloud-based monitoring/control system).
That means we build power plants out of batteries that put coal and gas
generators out of business and enable sustainable viability for renewable
energy sources like solar and wind.
Powin is, and will
continue to be, one of a handful of companies that will provide the equipment
necessary to make this happen. Powin has distinct competitive advantages:
cost-effectiveness; reliability; scalability; deploy-ability; and operational
sophistication. Every day we work to ensure that we maintain these competitive
advantages and our position as a global leader in providing turnkey, battery
energy storage solutions for utility-scale, commercial and industrial, and
Be a part of the future by making a difference with