We’re Building the Future! Ever want to do hard work that will make a REAL difference in the world? Do you want to solve some of the most difficult problems with a team of exceptional players at a company that does not believe in impossible?
ABOUT THE COMPANY-
Powin Energy is a leading producer of utility scale modular battery energy storage system (complete with a patented, advanced, cloud-based monitoring/control system). That means we build power plants out of batteries that put coal and gas generators out of business and enable sustainable viability for renewable energy sources like solar and wind.
Powin is, and will continue to be, one of a handful of companies that will provide the equipment necessary to make this happen. Powin has distinct competitive advantages: cost-effectiveness; reliability; scalability; deploy-ability; and operational sophistication. Every day we work to ensure that we maintain these competitive advantages and our position as a global leader in providing turnkey, battery energy storage solutions for utility-scale, commercial and industrial, and microgrid applications.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY-
The Network Engineer’s role is to ensure the stability and integrity of in-house voice, data, video, and wireless network services. This is achieved by planning, designing, and developing local area networks (LANs) and wide area networks (WANs) across the organization. In addition, the Network Engineer will participate with the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network hardware, software, and communication links. This individual will also analyze and resolve network hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end user training where required. This role will also work directly with our customers Network Engineering team to help facilitate our B2B network design.
Strategy & Planning
- Perform network design and capacity planning.
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for network resource administration, appropriate use, and disaster recovery.
- Establish service level agreements with end users.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Design and deploy company LANs, WANs, and wireless networks, including servers, routers, hubs, switches, UPSs, and other hardware.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
- Oversee new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
- Configure networks to ensure their smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
- Oversee installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Ensure network connectivity of all servers, workstations, telephony equipment, fax machines, and other network appliances.
- Manage servers, including database, e-mail, print, and backup servers and their associated operating systems and software.
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
- Participate in managing all network security solutions.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team.
Formal Education & Certification
- University degree in computer science or electrical engineering and/or 4 years equivalent work experience.
Knowledge & Experience
- Proven experience and success with LAN, WAN, WLAN, and WWAN design and implementation.
- Proven experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices.
- Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and Internet standards, including MPLS, IS-IS, Segment Routing.
- Excellent hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Direct Experience with Fortinet, Moxa, Sonicwall (decommissioning) and Cisco Meraki
- Competence with testing tools and procedures for voice and data circuits.
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Able to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- On-call availability, You will me the primary contact for networking
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
- Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.