We’re Building the Future! Ever want to do hard work that will make a REAL difference in the world? Do you want to solve some of the most difficult problems with a team of exceptional players at a company that does not believe in impossible?
ABOUT THE COMPANY -
Powin Energy is a leading producer of utility scale modular battery energy storage system (complete with a patented, advanced, cloud-based monitoring/control system). That means we build power plants out of batteries that put coal and gas generators out of business and enable sustainable viability for renewable energy sources like solar and wind.
Powin is, and will continue to be, one of a handful of companies that will provide the equipment necessary to make this happen. Powin has distinct competitive advantages: cost-effectiveness; reliability; scalability; deploy-ability; and operational sophistication. Every day we work to ensure that we maintain these competitive advantages and our position as a global leader in providing turnkey, battery energy storage solutions for utility-scale, commercial and industrial, and microgrid applications.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY –
Powin is looking for a seasoned Revenue and Cost Accounting Manager. If you are a mission-oriented, systems-driven thinker who loves a challenge, you will thrive in this role. The ideal candidate can complete a high volume of tasks and projects quickly with little guidance, react with appropriate urgency, take effective action without having to know the total picture, and solve problems that affect people within the team and other related groups
- Lead and manage monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue, cost and inventory accounting close activities, including all required analyses, review of related journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations to support timely and accurate revenue and cost recognition and reporting
- Collaborate with the Procurement and Accounts Payable departments to ensure the accurate flow of transactions in the procure-to-pay cycle
- Oversee the Received, Not Invoiced/Invoiced, Not Received reconciliation process
- Ensure inventory control through oversight of cycle count and physical inventory processes with root cause analysis and corrective action. Periodic review of inventory reserve calculations.
- Ensure proper accounting and support for complex, multiple element project and service arrangements in compliance with US GAAP and internal company policies
- Work closely with the FP&A department to support monthly and quarterly reporting/flux analyses for multiple revenue streams
- Design, document, implement and maintain effective accounting policies, procedures and controls over the revenue, cost and inventory accounting cycles in collaboration with the Technical Accounting Manager
- Ensure internal controls over revenue, cost and inventory are designed and operating effectively
- Identify efficiencies and drive improvements in revenue recognition processes and reporting
- Provide revenue recognition accounting expertise to Finance, Legal and Sales departments for non-standard transactions and develop or refine revenue accounting policies and procedures as new products and services are introduced
- Own the revenue, cost and inventory portions of external audits
- Manage the Project Cost Accountant in collaboration with the Director of Accounting
- Perform special projects and analysis on an ad-hoc basis, as required
Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ years of related experience
- 2+ years of leadership/management experience
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, including ASC 606
- Experience in both private and public companies preferred
- Experience working with NetSuite ERP is a plus
- Advanced Excel skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
- CPA or CMA preferred
Be a part of the future by making a difference with Powin!