We’re Building the Future! Ever want to do hard work that will make a REAL difference in the world? Do you want to solve some of the most difficult problems with a team of exceptional players at a company that does not believe in impossible?
About The Company
Powin Energy is a leading producer of utility scale modular battery energy storage system (complete with a patented, advanced, cloud-based monitoring/control system). That means we build power plants out of batteries that put coal and gas generators out of business and enable sustainable viability for renewable energy sources like solar and wind.
Powin is, and will continue to be, one of a handful of companies that will provide the equipment necessary to make this happen. Powin has distinct competitive advantages: cost-effectiveness; reliability; scalability; deploy-ability; and operational sophistication. Every day we work to ensure that we maintain these competitive advantages and our position as a global leader in providing turnkey, battery energy storage solutions for utility-scale, commercial and industrial, and microgrid applications.
Powin is looking for an experienced Applications Engineering leader to build world-class customer technical engagement for Powin’s product delivery. The Vice President Applications Engineering will develop and lead the post-contract technical engagement with clients and international partners. By leading Powin’s Project Success Engineering functions, this role will ensure that Powin delivers reliable quality product delivery that aligns with Powin’s core products and customer requirements.
- Direct and manage the activities for Sales, Project, Configuration and Systems Engineers supporting the technical customer engagement
- Partner closely with Project Success Executive teams to ensure customers receive timely, comprehensive technical support throughout the project lifecycle
- Ensure team is adequately staffed and trained to represent all aspects of sales support, design support, and subject matter expertise
- Facilitate the development of cross-departmental training with a focus on Powin’s products for Project Success
- Act as the technical owner of tools for all product sizing and applications decisions for each project
- Define and maintain all standard project level documentation in partnership with Operations, Product, and Engineering
- Ensure customer facing documentation meet all industry standard criteria to satisfy utilities, EPCs, and developers
- Develops analytics and processes to optimize documentation production, standardize cost effective and repeatable designs
- Ensure processes and technical support for customers are robust and deliverables are of the highest quality
- Partners cohesively with cross-functional teams (Sales, Product, Engineering, and Operations) to make sure technical inputs and outputs allow for efficient business execution
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, mathematics, or related experience
- 10+ years of energy storage, distributed generation, data center equipment, and/or large-scale electrical equipment experience
- 5+ of relevant experience, preferably in application engineering, highly preferred
- 5+ years of senior-level leadership experience providing direction to engineering teams
- Design experience and development of product applications highly preferred
- Demonstrated experience in applications engineering involving leadership and direct management of a complex customer environment
- Strong team-building skills and ability to motivate and drive an engineering team to perform on schedule while managing custom project development activities
- Experience in customer requirements definition project level requirements and project development
- Expertise in participating in utility or large-scale customer distributed generation deployments
- In-depth knowledge in maintaining work volume, headcount planning tools to validate optimal throughput and utilization rates
- Understanding of industry codes and standards
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, works with a sense of urgency
Be a part of the future by making a difference with Powin!