We’re Building the Future! Ever want to do hard work that will make a REAL difference in the world? Do you want to solve some of the most difficult problems with a team of exceptional players at a company that does not believe in impossible?
ABOUT THE COMPANY-
Powin Energy is a leading producer of utility scale modular battery energy storage system (complete with a patented, advanced, cloud-based monitoring/control system). That means we build power plants out of batteries that put coal and gas generators out of business and enable sustainable viability for renewable energy sources like solar and wind.
Powin is, and will continue to be, one of a handful of companies that will provide the equipment necessary to make this happen. Powin has distinct competitive advantages: cost-effectiveness; reliability; scalability; deploy-ability; and operational sophistication. Every day we work to ensure that we maintain these competitive advantages and our position as a global leader in providing turnkey, battery energy storage solutions for utility-scale, commercial and industrial, and microgrid applications.
Summary: Our Global Services team is growing, and we are seeking a Long-Term Service Agreements (LTSA) Project Manager to join our team. This role is responsible for the overall management and implementation of LTSAS including but not limited to the coordination of Powin Energy and vendor resources required to successfully implement the requirements of the contract. We are looking for a Certified Project Manager (PMI or equivalent experience) with knowledge of the power industry, ideally in Battery Energy Storage Systems with a demonstrate a track record of delivering successful projects and/ or programs and an ability to build customer trust and confidence in the delivery of Service products.
- P&L responsibility for Service Agreements up to $10M+ in value.
- Responsible for ensuring assigned projects are delivered safely, to standards, on time, on budget, and to the customer's satisfaction.
- Lead execution of LTSA contracts for battery energy storage projects from handover to operations to end of contract, working in close collaboration with relevant functional groups including Finance, Engineering, SCM and Field service.
- Manage overall maintenance plans and project schedules, budgets, and resource allocation, including safety/quality plans throughout the service life cycle.
- Oversee project assigned Authorized Service Providers (ASP), sub-contractors to ensure quality and schedule are met and to ensure safety guidelines and requirements are followed.
- Proactively work with customers, suppliers, partners, sales, and senior management as necessary to ensure project deliverables and contract requirements are met.
- Responsible for budget review, revenue, and cash flow forecasts, and when appropriate proposing mitigation to contain costs.
- Responsible for effective contract management and change control to ensure transparent performance of contract obligations.
- Interface with customers for the purpose of determining customer needs, improving communication, and overall planning of outage requirements.
- In collaboration with Field Service and Engineering, analyze, identify, and understand product issues that affect performance of LTSA Contracts. Determine corrective actions for containment and ultimately resolution with Engineering and Field Service.
- Collaborate with SCM to provide maximum visibility of maintenance schedules allowing for sufficient lead times to enable SCM to succeed in procurement of necessary parts.
- Assist in the development of inventory management programs related to contract requirements, locations, and obligations to fully mitigate risk inherent in performance of LTSA contracts with performance obligations.
- Plan and implement necessary augmentation projects to overcome degradation including introduction of new technology to ensure contract requirements are fulfilled.
- Resolve warranty issues and perform other such duties as may be required.
- Travel to customer plant sites for the purpose of planning outage requirements and meeting with the customer on all contract issues.
- Coordination of parts, repairs, and the ordering of new parts to support outages at the customer’s plant site.
- Develop and issue project documentation including technical reports, outage reports, and customer performance reports
- Vocational Skills: Bachelor of Science degree (BS) Engineering, Project Management, Contract Management, Supply Chain, or a related field from an accredited college or university; or at least five (5) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in Project Management or Field Service/ Operations.
- Knowledge: Field Service, Project Management, LTSA expertise with Supply Chain/ Manufacturing/Industrial background. An ability to understand contracts and capability to build strong relationships with customers.
- People Skills: Ability to talk to employees at all levels of the Powin Energy organization, customers organizations, and especially Field Service personnel. Empathy and ability to focus on facts. Transparent communicator with ability to quickly build trust.
- Language Skills: Must be able to speak, read, and write in English. Ability to speak, read, and write in Spanish and or additional language/s a plus. Ability to read and analyze business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
- Communication Skills: Strong analytical skills with ability to write concise reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and Field Service staff.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Reasoning Skills: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions.
- Computer Skills: Knowledge of database, project management, spreadsheet and word processing software, electronic mail, graphics, technical diagrams, flow charts, etc.
Be a part of the future by making a difference with Powin!